Friday, December 18, 2009

New Year, New Blog

So I've decided to change up the blog a little bit. Instead of it being all about Liam I've decided that I'm also going to use it as a virtual dart board for personal thoughts, reflections, and general goings on in my brain. Of course I'll still be updating on our precious baby boy, but the posts will be more family focused and personal. For those of you who follow this blog, you may be more or less interested in keeping up and either way it's fine with me.

Now on to the substance.........

Liam had his first encounter with Santa Claus last weekend. We took Liam to the Mall of Georgia with our neighbors Chase, Jessica and baby Reagan. Dusty and I are often amazed at how well behaved Liam is in so many different situations. He doesn't seem to mind strangers and is very content in most environments. He's pretty self entertaining, very observant and doesn't cry a whole lot. All of this leads me to wonder what is it exactly about Santa that kids find so absolutely terrifying???

We stood in line for 2 hours to see the jolly old man with thick white hair. He was an awesome looking Santa and Liam and Reagan were great the whole time........until we actually got to Santa. Santa asked Dusty "is he going to be okay?". Dusty said "Oh yeah, he'll be just fine. He's a great baby." YEAH RIGHT!! As soon as Dusty put Liam on Santa's lap you could see his bottom lip start to quiver. He started crying and screaming and didn't stop until we got home.

To make matters worse, the photo people wanted $25.00 for 2 5x7's!! For those of you who know us at all, you know there's no way we were going to buy them and they highly discourage you to take pictures yourself unless you're buying a photo package. Again, those of you who know us know that we would at least TRY to take our own pictures. The battery in the video camera was dead and we didn't get a single good picture from our camera. Santa was bouncing Liam on his knee the whole time to try and calm him down which made all the pictures blurry. Not to mention the fact that the picture lady kept looking at me like she was going to come over and tackle me if I tried to take one more personal photo. So we left with no pictures, no video, 2 less hours of life, and one very unhappy baby. Guess who will NOT be going to see Santa for the next few years?

This is the best picture we got. This is Liam and Reagan:


2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the additional blog substance! :)
    And Santa, oh Santa. I SWORE we wouldn't go this year after how bad last year was BUT, Sam did so much better this year and Grey did great too. No crying whatsoever.

    Honestly, the only reason we go is b/c my mother-in-law wants to and she buys the pics. Otherwise we wouldn't even go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out Friday from a co-worker that Chateau Elan (only 15 minutes from our house) does a FREE Santa a couple weekends in December. I'm willing to try again next year with that new info. I'm all about free. Oh, and she told me the line was only 30 minutes long at worst.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive