Sunday, September 28, 2008

Recent Appointment

So this past Friday I had my first appointment with my new doctor.  I decided to change practices in the middle of my pregnancy because I didn't want do deliver at the hospital my old doctor went to.  So now I'll be delivering at the new Northside-Forsyth campus in their brand new, and may I mention, INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL women's center.  I wish everyone could see this place.  Maybe when we go on the tour I can take some pictures and post them on here.

The appointment went really well.  It was quite short really.  Mainly checking on the heartbeat and going over all of my paperwork since I was a new transfer patient.  The heartbeat is strong and I was told I'm exactly where I need to be and that I'm in great health.  So far I haven't gained any weight.  Hard to believe since none of my clothes fit me anymore.  I lost some weight during the first trimester because I had so many food aversions.  So now I'm back to exactly where I was pre-pregnancy (I won't mention what that weight is).  While the doctor was checking the heartbeat he said he was able to hear a lot of movement too.  Pretty exciting knowing that I'll actually be able to feel it soon.  I think I may be feeling the baby move on occasion, but I'm not quite convinced that's what it is.  

Before I left I made sure to schedule my ultrasound appointment so we can find out what the baby is.  So on October 27th at 8am we'll have the results!  I can't wait.  Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to take that day off from work and go shopping with my mom for all the fun girl/boy stuff for the nursery.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Blog Archive