So I've read in all my pregnancy books about how during the first trimester you're SO emotional. I don't think I've been too moody, but then again you should probably ask the husband. He probably has a more realistic perception.
Besides the mood swings though, the books talk about the different 'feelings' the new mom may go through during the first trimester: denial, worry, disbelief, fear, confusion, etc. I didn't realize until this week how true those feelings are. Now that I'm entering the second trimester, I realize how much my emotions have changed. I feel so much more confident now that I'm starting to show. Seeing the evidence of my growing belly, it's so much easier to grasp the reality that there really is something in there whereas before, I just had to believe the pictures I've seen and the heartbeat I've heard.
It's been pretty cool this week walking in the hallways at work (wearing some of my maternity shirts) knowing that I'm going to be a mom. It probably helps that some of my coworkers are now calling me 'Mama'. It's helping me absorb the idea. It's also exciting when some of them realize "Hey, you're not just getting fat....you're having a baby!". Not that anyone has said that to me, but I imagine that's what some of them are thinking now that my baby bump is becoming more noticeable. Yea for the baby bump!
No comments:
Post a Comment