Wednesday, January 28, 2009

7 Weeks and Counting

I can't believe there are only 7 weeks left of this crazy journey! I'm currently into week 33 and the weeks seem to keep going by faster and faster.

This past weekend I had my two baby showers. Dusty and I are so grateful and overwhelmed at the generosity and support of all of our family and friends. My mother-in-law's friends Sandra Palmer and Emily Martin threw a beautiful shower for me on Saturday afternoon. These two ladies also threw a bridal shower for me almost 6 years ago. Three of my cousins - Barbie, Bonita, and Sandy - threw another shower for me on Sunday. They also threw a bridal shower in my honor almost 6 years ago. Thank you ladies for thinking of me and my growing family and for all of your hard work putting these showers together. I don't know how we'd make it if we didn't have the loving family and friends that we do.

My mother-in-law Anita (Nini), me, and my mom Anne (Gigi)

My mom and I. (I'll add more pictures soon)
The weekend before was all about baby showers too. Myself and two others helped throw a baby shower for my friend Katie who is expecting the same week as me. I handmade Katie's shower invitations in the theme of 'Pickles and Ice Cream'. Katie's biggest craving during these last 8 months has been ice cream. We set up a nice spread of food and had a big ice cream sundae buffet with different kinds of ice cream and toppings. Katie and baby girl Reagin made out well thanks to her family and friends and the shower was a big success. We had a blast putting it all together and I couldn't be happier with the results. Below are some pictures from Katie's shower.

Katie and I at her shower. I was at 32 weeks and Katie at 31.
Part of the spread at Katie's shower.
I have another check-up today and we'll see how big the baby is now. Two weeks ago Liam was 4 pounds. We'll see where he and I are later today. I'll update everyone later on what I find out.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and you'll be hearing from me again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive