Saturday, January 10, 2009

Busy Week

This last week has been pretty busy. Last weekend I decided to paint the nursery. I painted the bottom half blue and it's brightened the room up a lot! I still haven't finished painting the dresser, but I have all the supplies I need. Now I just need the motivation.



We had a bit of a scare yesterday (Friday). I noticed on Thursday that I was having some pitting edema (swelling in my feet and ankles that when pressed with a finger leaves a dent in your skin). So I called the Dr. and they had me come in yesterday afternoon. While I was there, I mentioned to the Dr. that I had noticed a decrease in fetal movement from last week. Not that the baby wasn't moving, he just wasn't moving as much as normal. So they sent us to a specialist to make sure everything was okay. And everything is fine. I'm fine. My blood work is fine, my blood pressure is great, and everything else looks good too. The baby is fine. His heart rate was about 154 and all organs and circulation look great as well. Although it was under less than ideal circumstances, it was great to be able to see the baby again. He's changed so much in 10 weeks. We were able to see his face in detail and see big feet and hands with tiny toes and fingers. We got some new sonogram pictures that we'll scan soon. As for the swelling, there's not much I can do other than keep my feet up and keep drinking plenty of water. I'm keeping track of my kick counts now make sure the baby is moving enough too.

Today we went to a car seat class we signed up for at the hospital. It was incredibly informative and I'm really glad we went. Neither of us knew anything about car seats or had a clue on how to install one. It helped us realize that we had registered for one that wasn't going to last very long so we've done some more research and chosen a different one.

The next few weekends are going to be pretty busy. I'm helping throw a baby shower for a friend of mine next Sunday and the following weekend I have my own showers to attend. All of this activity is making it very real. We can't believe the baby will be here in 9 weeks or less!!! Ready or not, here he comes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive