I can't believe the time is almost here! 5 days until my due date! I feel like I've been waiting forever for this.
I guess I'll update everyone on last week's appointment. Nothing new really. It was a quick appointment with no exam. My doctor estimated that the baby weighed around 7.25 pounds.
I had my last check-up yesterday. I called the office yesterday afternoon because Liam hadn't been moving as much as normal. They always tell you to call and that always means they're going to want you to come in. So I did. Everything turned out fine. His heart rate is still in the mid 150's and he's just running out of room to move. I had another exam yesterday and found out that the baby has dropped (meaning his head is positioned in the birth canal), I'm 70% effaced, and 1.5 cm dilated. I started having contractions on Monday and have had some each day since. I'm felling pretty crampy most of the time and my back has started to hurt. I've noticed I've started to waddle when I walk and I'm generally uncomfortable in any position, but such is life of an almost 40 week pregnant lady right?
They haven't bothered to estimate when the baby will arrive, but I'm hoping for this weekend (or tomorrow for that matter). We'll just have to wait and see I guess!
Anyway, keep checking back for updates. It could be any day now!
Hang in there guys the funs about to begin. The west coast Higgins wish you the best of luck.
ReplyDelete