So I had another check up yesterday and this starts my weekly visits to the Dr. I was told yesterday that I'm 1 centimeter dilated. As exciting as that sounds, I could be one centimeter for another 2 weeks so your guess is as good as mine at when this baby will be here. I go back again next Thursday afternoon.
Yesterday morning I got to work about 8:30am. As some of you know, I'm the only one in my company that works at my office. I work for a healthcare company and we're a vendor out of a local hospital. So I don't actually work FOR the hospital, just AT the hospital. Anyway, about a half hour after I got the office one of the ladies I work with asked me if I had been told about the meeting we had that morning at 11am with the big directors of our office. I had no idea about the meeting and spent the next couple hours preparing reports and getting things done so I could sound somewhat knowledgeable about my job. My boss was suppose to be meeting me at the office between 9-10 and at 10:55 he still wasn't there. I was about to start panicking when he walked around the corner. So we headed to the meeting, pen and pad in hand, walked in the door and there were all my friends at the office standing around the beautifully decorated room ready to throw me a baby shower!
Apparently they had been planning this for about a month and half and I had absolutely no idea! I love surprises, but it's not really that easy to surprise me. Somehow I always manage to figure out what's going on. Not this time. Everyone was in on it and I'm actually really surprised such a large group of women were able to keep a big secret for so long!
They provided lunch from a local deli, made punch, had a cake, and a giant pile of gifts in the corner. Needless to say, I was blown away by everyone's kindness and generosity. Being the only representative from my company and not an actual employee of the hospital, I sometimes feel like an outsider. But these ladies (and gents) made me feel like a part of their 'family'.
It was a great party and everyone was so kind in helping Dusty and I prepare for Liam's arrival. We were gifted with so many cute clothes and helpful things and I'll never be able to thank them enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment