I can't believe it's been almost a month since giving birth to this beautiful baby boy! I feel like we just got home from the hospital!
It's been a pretty interesting week. During the last couple of days I've really learned a lot about myself as a new mom. I'm understanding what a selfish life I've lived up to this point and how that kind of life is no longer an option. I was getting frustrated with how often I have to feed Liam and what that kind of schedule can do to a day full of planned events. It's been aggravating seeing how things aren't nearly as easy to get done now that I have a baby with needs of his own. I'm having to learn a whole new side of sacrifice.
Adapting to this new life of sacrifice makes me appreciate Christ that much more. Christ laid down his life in order that I might live. I'm now having to lay down parts of my life so that my son can live. I find this lesson very fitting seeing as it is Easter weekend. Thank you Jesus for your selflessness and love. I pray that as a new mom I would become more like you everyday. My greatest goal in life is to be a reflection of you as I raise our new child so that he will one day want to do the same for his children.
Happy Easter everyone!
We have some more pictures that I'll be posting soon. And more will be taken this weekend.

Me and my baby.





Ahhh the draining and monotonous schedule of a newborn. Really does help you realize some stuff huh?
ReplyDeleteThankfully that gets better!
You're right though, it does help you appreciate Christ laying down his life for us.
P.S. Liam is sooo cute!