Sunday, May 3, 2009

Smiley Face

Finally!!  Liam started smiling last weekend and not because of gas!  He smiles now in response to our talking to him.  This weekend we were able to catch a couple smiles on camera.  I now realize why it's such a big deal for babies to start smiling.  All you know until this point is crying.  When they start smiling, it's evidence that they can actually be happy!  YEA!!

I can't believe he's almost 7 weeks old now!  He goes in next week for his 2 month shots already.  It makes me sad that my maternity leave is coming to a close so fast.  I feel like it just started.  Our time in the hospital is becoming a fading memory.  We put Liam in a couple of 0-3 month outfits this weekend only to find that he's almost too big for them!  One of the outfits has feet at the bottom of it and Liam's feet are almost too big to fit in them.  He's so long that a lot of the onesies are too small and stretch at the neck.  Maybe he takes after Pappy who is 6'2'' or 3'' (Dusty's grandfather).

On another note, I went to the OB last week for my 6 week check up and I've lost all my pregnancy weight plus a couple pounds!  Now I can look forward to losing all the extra weight I've picked up during the last 5 years.  That's going to be a big task.

Enjoy the new pictures.  He's growing so fast.  I'll add more next week along with his updated weight after his 8 week appointment.



1 comment:

  1. What a cute little smile! :)
    And great news on the weight - that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive