Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day and 2 Month Check-up

So it's been a while since I've updated the blog.  I've had a buys couple of weekends and next weekend looks to be just as busy.

I was so excited this year to celebrate my first Mother's Day!  I remember the day one year ago when Dusty and I had been trying to get pregnant and hoping that I would find out I was pregnant on Mother's Day.  I was bummed when the test was negative, but my St. Patty's day baby is way better!

We celebrated Mother's Day all weekend last weekend.  That Friday was our first date night since Liam was born.  We stopped and got some food, brought it to a new park nearby and had a picnic near the lake.  After we finished eating we threw the frisbee around for a while.  It was a lot like our very first date.  When we were done with the park, we took off to Starbucks where we got a couple of drinks and played our favorite card game - Egyptian Rat Screw (don't ask where the name came from).  Saturday afternoon Dusty took me to Outback for a Mother's Day lunch.  Sunday morning he made me breakfast in bed - chocolate chip crepes and mimosas.  YUM!  He gave me a certificate for a luxury pedicure, and framed enlargement of my favorite family picture, and he took care of Liam while I took a nice nap.  It was everything I wanted!



This weekend was crazy busy too.  This is a family picture from Friday's Brookwood High School soccer banquet.  Dad was honored as he retired from 12 years of announcing all Brookwood soccer games as the "Voice of the Broncos".



Today was Liam's 2 month check up.  He now weighs 12 pounds and 7 ounces putting him in the 90th percentile for his age.  He measures 24.14 inches putting him in the 75th percentile and his head measured 15 and 3/4 inches putting him in the 50th percentile.  The doc says he's going to be really tall.  We'll see.  He also got his first round of vaccines.  He got three shots in his legs and one orally.  When he got the shots he was about to cry really loud, but I picked him up and he was just fine.  It was as if nothing had happened.  Other than that, he's perfectly healthy and beautiful!

He's been smiling a ton and is now talking up a storm.  He loves mobiles and looking at himself in the mirror.  He talks the most when he's looking in the mirror.  We've got some of his talking on video and when I figure out how to post the video I will.  Here are a couple new pictures of him...



That's about all I've got for right now.  I'll post more pictures and try and post some video soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive