So I'm back at work! This was my second week back to work and I must say that it isn't as horrible as I imagined it was going to be. My first day back was last Tuesday and after some HR issues concerning my paperwork, I finally went into the office around 10am. I met mom for breakfast that morning and I think I broke down about 3-4 times before I left for the office. That morning was definitely the hardest day back. After shedding some tears, I was able to get into my old groove again and work was business as usual. It wasn't that bad once I got into my claims and reports and distracted myself from missing by baby.
Of course I'd rather be home with my baby full time, but boy have I missed my paychecks! It feels good to be making money again. And we need it after I took 12 weeks off (8 unpaid). It's been a good change of pace.
My mom is keeping him during the week and surprisingly I've been on time (for the most part) for our baby swapping in the morning and afternoon. Next week Grandma Nini will start watching him on Wednesday. It's taken a bit for everyone to get adjusted to the new schedule and new places, but it seems to be working out really well.
Liam turned 3 months old this Wednesday. He's grown so much in such a short period of time! I know it's so cliche "they grow so fast", but they really do! He's learning to hold his head up, he talks up a storm, rolls onto his side, and is finally starting to enjoy tummy time. I love looking back at his newborn pictures and comparing them to what he looks like now. And it's only been 3 months!
I'm still nursing him. I was a bit concerned about going back to work and having him on bottles half the day, but he's done a great job switching back and forth from me and the bottle. He hasn't been weighed since his 2 month appointment, but I'm guessing he's about 15 pounds now. Until recently Liam has been so lean, but over the last couple of weeks he's started to chunk up a bit. He might even weigh more than 15 pounds, but I'm not sure. His next appointment is his 4 month check up and second round of shots. Grandma Gigi will be taking him to that appointment. She doesn't do well with that kind of thing so we'll see how it goes ;-)
That's the update for now. It's Friday afternoon and I got off work a little early and I'm ready to enjoy our busy weekend.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads!
No comments:
Post a Comment