Thank goodness for long weekends! That means that Dusty gets to be home with me and Liam an extra day.
Last week my twin niece and nephew, Jessica and Andrew, graduated from Mill Creek High School. We joined them last Thursday and celebrated with them this weekend. It's hard to believe that they're 18 and graduating from high school. They were only 9 when I started dating Dusty.

Sunday we headed down to the lake for some R&R. We played some games, did a little fishing, and got a little bit of sun once it decided to make an appearance. This was Liam's first trip to the lake house. He was a bit more fussy than usual while we were there. I think the unfamiliar surroundings made him a little uncomfortable. Now that we're home, he's back to his old (2 month) self again. I was doing some fishing yesterday and decided to head up to the house for a drink. I left the dock and was about to head up the hill to the house when I saw a huge black snake coiled up about 2 feet away from me! His head was up a little bit hovering over the ground. I screamed of course and ran in the other direction. Dusty quickly got a hoe and chopped its head off. Here's the prize catch...
I have 2 weeks left of maternity leave. It makes me really sad knowing I won't be able to spend my days with my precious baby boy anymore. It makes me more sad knowing that he's just about to start meeting some really big/cool milestones like holding his head up and laughing. I hate that I probably won't be the first to witness these things since I'll be at work. But if I have to go back to work, at least I get to go back to work under some great circumstances. My mom is going to be watching Liam for me during the week when I start working again. And I only work about 12 miles from home so I don't have to spend hours in traffic everyday. My office is about midway between my house and my mom's house so I'll meet her halfway and she'll take Liam for me. I'm so thankful that we still live close enough to family that we get to make this happen. I would hate to have to put him in daycare (not that we could afford that anyway). Hopefully by the time we have our second child we'll be in a position where I can stay home with the kids (if not sooner).
Enjoy the new pics. I'm still working on figuring out how to add video. Dusty will have to help me with that.
Dusty is such a stud. I'd have let the snake live - and chalked it up to my kind nature, not my fear.
ReplyDelete