Sunday, September 13, 2009

6 Months Already??!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've done an actual update with info and not just pictures. Oh well. Liam will be 6 months old this week and I can hardly believe it. Half a year has already gone by and it's hard to remember half of it!

Liam is getting SO big. I other day Dusty and I got him up in the morning and I swear Liam had gotten heavier and longer overnight. It was crazy, but they do say that babies actually do grow overnight. He has his 6 month appointment next week when he'll be measured, weighed, and get his next round of shots. I'm guessing that he weighs about 18 pounds now. I actually measured him the other day and he's about 27.5 inches. It's obvious that his height is not coming from his mom or dad.

About a month ago, Liam came down with a UTI which caused a high fever for a few days and really threw off his sleeping schedule. For about 2 weeks he was waking up after about 4 hours and crying for the next 2 hours. I think Dusty and I averaged about 3.5 hours of sleep a night for those 2 weeks, but we're finally back on track. We have his bedtime routine down now and we're now able to catch up on all that lost sleep. Not to mention the little boy is back to perfect health.

It still amazes me how fast they grow and now fast they learn. Liam is starting to sit up on his own now (see below) and making all kinds of new sounds. He's not quite ready to crawl yet, but I'm sure that will change over the next few months. And we still don't have any teeth. I'm not very concerned about the teeth though since teeth will obviously make nursing a little bit more difficult.

I've officially been back to work now for over 3 months and work is going pretty well. The grandmas really seem to enjoy watching Liam during the day and I can't say enough about how thankful I am that they're willing to watch him. It been a lot of fun to see how much Liam is growing to love them and lights up when he seems them. So cute.

I won't wait so long to update next time. In fact, there will probably be another post next week after his check up. For now, enjoy the big boy's new pictures.



This is Liam and Avery from this past weekend. One of Liam's girlfriends.

This is Liam and Reagan (our neighbors girl) Liam's other girlfriend.

Liam and Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive