Friday, October 24, 2008

And the verdict IS.......

We're having a BOY!!!

Congrats to the 54% of you who guessed correctly!  The name still hasn't been confirmed yet, but we'll let everyone know as soon as we make a decision.  

Today we were able to see the tiny fingers and toes, the brain, the heart and all four chambers, some of the organs, it's brain, spine and other bones, and most importantly his manhood!  It was so cool.  We could see every single vertebrae of it's spine.  It was amazing.

So my mom and I did go shopping today, and we came home with nothing.  I'm not quite ready to make these purchases yet, especially when things aren't on sale.  We've been so fortunate with gifts from friends and family so far.  Our neighbors gave us a crib which fortunately ended up being recalled.  Fortunately I say - because we were able to get a voucher for a free brand new crib.  We're going to wait until they go on sale to get one.  Another friend of ours gave us a changing table and my mom has given us a dresser which we'll paint to match the baby's room.  So most of the major nursery expenses have been taken care of.

I'd love to go out and splurge on everything and go ahead and get the nursery completed, but our parents and Dave Ramsey have taught us well.  The money spent will be spent wisely.

Anyway, we are so thrilled about having a baby boy.  I wanted a boy first and I got one!  

Pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. Now he's no longer an 'it' but a 'he'!
    We'll lend you Shay for a few days so you can get the hang of having another boy around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive