
So Dusty and just got back from our first "vacation" in a year and a half. Our good friends Andy and Ashley got married in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend and Dusty was one of the groomsman. We DROVE down there last Wednesday which took about 11 hours. The drive wasn't all that bad actually. We stopped often so I could get out and walk around, stretch, and of course use the bathroom.
We stayed at a small hotel right on the beach and of the 5 days we were there we got to spend all of 2 hours on the beach. Oh well. It was to be expected having gone down for a wedding. The hotel left a lot to be desired, but for the price we paid it was worth it. The ride home ended up taking about 13 hours and was not quite as nice as the ride down. As a pregnant lady, I must say that I traveled pretty well.
The wedding was beautiful and now all of the three amigos (Dusty, Ed, and Andy) are married. Good times.
The baby is growing and so is my belly. He moves around like crazy at times and while we were in Florida, Dusty was able to feel the baby kick for the first time! I'm told that during the next 4 weeks the baby is going to double in size. The other day Dusty and I were reading a newsletter about how the baby grows each week. Every week the baby is compared in size to some kind of fruit or vegetable. Right now he's about the size of a spaghetti squash. We were looking ahead to see what each new week would look like when we started to come across food like a head of cabbage, a pineapple, a cantaloupe, a watermelon, and a PUMPKIN! I started to get a bit nervous. I'm not looking forward to having a pumpkin in my belly. I'm quite content with the spaghetti squash sitting in my stomach. But, there's not a whole lot I can do about it is there?
(And just a word to the wise............pregnant women do not appreciate it when people tell them they look further along than they actually are. It isn't polite or encouraging. Instead, tell them they look fabulous!)
im a little late reading this blog, but as a response to the last part of your blog....non-pregnant women do not like being asked if they are pregnant again either! :) i've been asked 3 times - stupid fashion these days! haha You look great by the way! :)
ReplyDelete